Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Malmö, Dec 20-21 '07

In Malmö, Matt and I stayed with Petter Herbertsson from Testbild! (the exclamation mark is part of the band's name, but I could also use an exclamation mark because it was good to see him again and Testbild! are a great band). We were in Malmö for a few days. We found a mysterious handle on the wall in the foyer area of the apartment building.

We spent a fair bit of time at Douglas's place. He's also in Testbild! I'm not showing any photos of any Testbild! members because they have a funny non-image policy. At Douglas's place we rehearsed some songs that we would all play together at the gig. Both Matt's and mine. And we did some recording, working on a song Matt wrote. The nicest sounds were the amazing vibraphonette and the polysix synth.
Look, there's Matt and Ellen! The exclamation mark is not part of Ellen's name, it was cool to see them because they're from Hobart. Only the day after we left Copenhagen and spent a lot of money on a hotel there did I learn that Matt and Ellen are living in Copenhagen.. We all went out and had delicious mexican food or something.
There's Mattias Nilssen who runs the great kning disk label in gothenburg and put on the festival there.
There's a guy called Dan Park who loves music and apparently goes to every gig in Sweden and gets very drunk (yes he was, but he was a lot of fun).
There's Matt and Katja and another guy. Katja has done some vocals for Testbild!
And then we went to some place which seemed far away, we were walking around the streets for ages, and Katja had her bicycle. Matt and I both had a go on it, and I started getting clever and showing how I can ride backwards and stuff. But it soon turned to injury and embarrassment when I crashed into a parked car, cutting my face and bending my glasses. Again.
Then the next morning Matt and I were up early to get on the train to Stockholm. The only seats left were expensive first class ones. Anyway it was a pleasant journey. This photo is in Malmö train station, after I'd knocked my coffee cup on the ground, breaking it and spilling coffee everywhere, then with embarrassment asking if they'd give me a new one, and they did. I needed the coffee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geweldig bericht. Echt genoten van het lezen van uw blog posts.