Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Nottingham

The next morning, after breakfasting with Gareth's wife and children in Leeds, I got 3 trains to Nottingham. Trains in the UK are pretty good, but a little expensive and sometimes late. When I got to Nottingham, I had lots of time to kill until the gig because the Hepburns (who were travelling from Wales to play there) weren't arriving until the evening.



Gosh this is a boring blog. Why should I say everything that happened, its not even very interesting. I'm also feeling frustrated about the space bar on this keyboard that I'm using (typing from here in Llanelli, Wales). Lets cut out the boring bits.


Nottingham has a bad reputation for crime but to me it looked beautiful. That doesn't rule out the possibility of it being dangerous. I guess if I'm going to get robbed, I'd rather have it done in a beautiful city. Like how Pat wishes he could have got mugged in New York. Or not..




Everyone had a hard time getting around nottingham and finding the venue, but in the end, we played a gig and it was good. My set went over well, and the Hepburns set was plagued with technical problems. Matt's guitar was falling apart, then he fixed it with blu-tack, and the amp was buzzing really badly and sometimes not working, then he broke a string, so I lent him mine (it's happened a couple of times before), so I borrowed a guitar from the band rudolf rocker when I joined the Hepburns. Then it was funny cos my guitar (or the lead) wasn't working, so Matt abandoned it and I was playing guitar and he was just the lead singer, which was funny. See below.

This picture taken by my parents, who were in attendance, and enjoyed the gig. (They live in the UK these days, near Cambridge).
Gosh, this blog is still boring.
Anyway, next up is my visit in Wales.

2 comments:

Stuart T. Rochester said...

Not at all boring. Please add more.

kat said...

I'm also reading. and i like it.