Monday, January 14, 2008

Fredrikstad

In Fredrikstad, it was good. It was the first place of the tour where I had been less than a year earlier, and knew people. So I suddenly felt a bit more comfortable because it was all more familiar. And also its actually a nice place with people that like music. I found out that yes, it is a bit nicer playing somewhere when you've been there before, because some people know the songs and know what its all about. Our host and great pop friend Christoffer Schou from Remington Super 60, pictured above with Matt and I, was feeling a bit ill.

That night (we were only there for 1 night) Matt and I started the evening with our usual combination of Matt's set with me playing guitar with him, then my ipod karaoke set, with Matt joining me for a couple of songs. But it was actually another Frode Fivel gig, and they sounded fantastic. I was really impressed at the sound system for the size of the club. Well it wasn't that small, but the stage was. It was kind of weird. Pictured above are the girls from Elak Bingo (who didn't officially perform, but were dressed up in their performance clothes, and jumped up on the front of the stage during my song mathematics (which they insisted that I had to play - I wasn't originally intending to, I don't like the song all that much anymore) and danced around in front of me, which was great, because they took all the attention away from me) and a film director who's name I've forgotten. He was cool.

Then everyone went to this party at this other place, and I was there for a while but I'm not much of a party person and felt a bit bored. Then we went back to that venue again, which had started playing loud rock music, which apparently is more normal for that place. I didn't like it and I was feeling tired, so I went back to Christoffer's place while the others partied till very late and then Christoffer, Elisabeth and Matt came home and kept talking for ages while I didn't sleep.


The next day Christoffer was feeling quite unwell. I was cold outside so I didn't go out there.. Matt and I worked on writing a song together. And then we went to the train station to get a train to Gothenburg, Sweden. We met the same film director guy and talked to him on the train until he got off. He was allright.

No comments: